Recent Blog Posts

Everything you need to know about Hackathons

















Have you ever heard about hackathons as an active developer or programmer? If not, then hackathons are just events that can be either online or offline, and both of them are executed very fluently in their own places. When someone wants to join a group and they are too shy to socialize, then hackathons might be perfect for them. I have attended many hackathons and the experience was just as amazing as it sounds. Hack Club is a very popular organization and I attended a hackathon associated with it called Epoch, which took place around last January. The experience was astounding, it was just like a festival of coding where I found many like-minded people. There is no need to worry whether you are a beginner with programming and coding or a full-stack developer who is looking forward to socializing with groups of people, Hack Club has got your back!. 



The Time period


If you are worrying about what will happen when you go there, will there really be beginner coders like me or will I be the only one here, then you should know that the thoughts always come to a person's mind when he attends his first ever hackathon. Apparently, Hack Club will provide all you need for the offline weekend stay. There will be plenty of resources for you hackers, Including food and all the accessories you will need to have a peaceful mind full of ideas. Many hackathons are also of a shorter period like 12 hours or so but they are fun as always and you are provided with a bag full of opportunities.

Where to start?

Now there will be a question in your mind about how will you join a hackathon and from where to start. Well, as I said Hack Club will sort everything out and you can just select the correct time for the hackathon you want to attend and you can go with friends too to make learning more fun.




If you're keen on joining a Hackathon, simply visit the website to register:


There's also a Hack Club available that provides access to a Slack community and a detailed PCB-making guide. I personally used this guide to create my own PCB and was pleased with the outcome. Being able to design it myself allowed me to showcase my creativity, and the end result was truly impressive!


Going Through the Hackathon


Attending a Hackathon can be a nerve-wracking experience, but it can also be a memorable one if you bring your friends along and take the opportunity to socialize with others. Stepping into a Hackathon feels like entering a whole new world compared to the one you're used to outside. It is just you and your coding skills throughout the weekend but if your idea is creative enough then it may even gain the best project of the weekend title.  It's just about feeling confident about yourself, about your skills, and trusting your team. You can get much more from a hackathon like Hack Club stickers and Hack Club Merchandise. I still have the stickers on the laptop I am working on and it reminds me of that experience





MY EXPERIENCE


I attended my first Hackathon, Epoch, with my best friend and it turned out to be the most fulfilling solo experience of my life. I highly recommend it to anyone who is into coding and wants to join a Hack Club, regardless of their level of expertise. The experience is beginner-friendly and completely free of cost. There were numerous coding lectures held in different areas and halls for various tasks and events. I think I could never have had such freedom in my life but it proved to me that it is just the beginning of freedom.







Building your own Hackathon

Building the foundation of your own hackathon can be quite challenging but you can easily start up by joining the Hack Club and building a team of 5 fellow members. Then it's your way to go, Hack Club will help you in many ways possible.


EPOCH BEHIND THE SCENES:

It will be surely difficult for you to find me in the big crowd.





So which Hackathon are you joining? Comment down below and allow notifications to get the latest wholesome blog updates.



Comments